Finding an Internship
If you are interested in finding an internship, please complete the following steps:
- Contact the Career Center at 503.943.7201 to schedule an appointment to talk about internships
- Review current internship opportunities posted on UP’s College Central Network
- Check your UP email inbox for the Focus on Internship Newsletter outlining great internship opportunities and career events sent every other week
- Utilize the online internship preparation courses in the UP Virtual Learning Center (VLC): https://sites.up.edu/vlc/internship-preparation/
- Log in with your UP network logon and network password (NOT your UP email)
- Before you start your first course, you will be prompted to take the mini-course "Getting Started with the VLC"
- Once the intro course is completed, click on "INTERNSHIP PREPARATION SERIES" in the home menu
Course 1: INT-1 Internship search
- Tapping into the "hidden job market"
- Figuring out who you can contact to connect you to internship leads
- Developing a focused internship search strategy to land your dream internship
Course 2: INT-2 Internship application techniques
- Developing your internship tools - resume, cover letter, communication strategy
- Learning the pitfalls of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
- Developing valuable goals for your internship
If you have any questions, please contact the Career Center at 503.943.7201 or stop by Orrico Hall, Lower Level.